The payment systems we use are not incredibly complicated, but what if they could be even more straightforward? NFC (Near Field Communication) technology is hoping to accomplish that. NFC mobile chips hope to change our current payment systems by letting us transmit data from one device to another, at close range.
How will we use it?
NFC mobile chips will soon be built into all smartphones, making it easier than ever to pay for your coffee. Instead of looking around in your purse or pocket to find your wallet, you simply use your phone – something most of us have at hand at all times.
NFC mobile chips allow users to store their credit card information in their phones. Then, when they are at a store or retailer that is outfitted with mobile payment technology, they can simply scan their phones at the register to pay for their purchases.
Google Wallet is the first debut into mobile payment technology by a major player in the tech industry. It is available on the Android Nexus S and may soon work on other smartphones, thanks to an NFC-enabled sticker. A great deal of major retailers have already signed on to work with Google Wallet.
Apple, which is rumored to be working on a mobile payment system as well, will likely not willingly open up their devices to the Google Wallet technology. Instead, they will most likely be releasing their own NFC systems very soon.
Other potential uses
NFC mobile chips will likely soon be doing much more than just helping you pay for your coffee. Some of those possible uses include:
- Replace passports and boarding passes
- Products might have RFID (radio-frequency identification) tags on them that you can scan as a way to gather information.
- Pet tags may soon have RFID tags attached that you can scan if you find a lost puppy.
- Replace keys – no more clunky key chains!
NFC mobile chips are sure to change the way we do many things. While the transition may take a while, it is sure to make our lives a little easier.
For more information on NFC mobile chips and how they work, check out this article.
Search the site
- ~ Executive Director at Feldman Gale, P.A.
"Armando is very knowledgeable and keeps abreast of the computer world. He is very responsive and easy to work with. Armando will work tirelessly to ensure that he not only will find the problem but will provide the most cost effective resolution. - Rob"
- Read more testimonials »
- Tiny robots are diving deeper to learn more about history’s most notable shipwrecks. fb.me/3S1eBgFo1 1 year ago
- A.I. learns to rule in human rights cases with 79% accuracy. bit.ly/2eo52oA 1 year ago
- The #1 way to protect your data is through detection. Preventative maintenance fixes small issues before they… fb.me/5omrF2vUn 1 year ago
- This unit came in last night after midnight. The hard drive looked pretty chewed up so we… instagram.com/p/BMO25BTjHep/ 1 year ago
- Drones vs. Robots. Which one would you want delivering your packages? fb.me/470Hc5Oa8 1 year ago