The tablet industry has seen an impressive amount of growth after Apple introduced their signature iPad in 2010. Subsequently, the tablet market has diversified with assorted iPad alternatives provided by competitors such as Android, Microsoft and also Motorola. However, tablet computers may not be right for everyone. Despite its recent popularity, who’s to say that the iPad won’t go the way of the 8-track? Of course, the choice of whether or not a tablet is right for you is one that should be educated. Before you decide to purchase one of these expensive machines, or even if you are already an owner, think about these pros and cons.
- Tablets are extremely portable devices. Being able to remotely connect with your work is becoming a necessity as businesses becomes more integrated with cloud computing. As a rule of thumb, the more accessible you are, the better.
- Tablets can be practical tools. Every day, developers release new and innovative business-related apps. If used correctly, a tablet can help you get more done.
- Tablets communicate ability. Successfully using a computer tablet as a work tool will let your clients know that you mean business. Taking notes on a tablet during a meeting could increase others’ confidence in your abilities.
- Tablets are a luxury. Whether you have a laptop or a desktop, a tablet isn’t something you absolutely need. Business might advance to a market that requires the use of tablets, but as of now there is generally a less complicated alternative to any function a tablet can complete.
- Tablets are toys. Similar to smartphones, tablets are designed to function as entertainment, making it easy to become distracted with streaming video or games.
- Tablets are still a new technology and are therefore costly. If you aren’t yet confident a tablet is right for you, given their price, wait a few months to watch how the industry grows. Eventually, cheaper alternatives will be introduced as more popular hardware, like the iPad, drop in price.
Computer tablets can be extremely useful tools, though at the same time they can function as nothing more than very expensive toys. Depending on your needs, a tablet could be the perfect fit, but make sure to weigh the pros and cons before making a final decision. If you are interested in reading further, please read over this article.
Search the site
- ~ Partner at Lipscomb, Eisenberg & Baker, PL
"Armando set up the IT systems at our law firm. It's was a complex 80K job and he did it extremely well. He also maintains our system. Over the years, I have come to rely upon and trust Armando's judgment. Indeed, he is one of those unique vendors who offers a personal touch and who puts relationships first. While frequently asked, I don't write many of these recommendations; but, here is the bottom line: You'd be a fool not to hire Armando and his company - M. Keith Lipscomb - March 31,"
- Read more testimonials »
- Tiny robots are diving deeper to learn more about history’s most notable shipwrecks. fb.me/3S1eBgFo1 1 year ago
- A.I. learns to rule in human rights cases with 79% accuracy. bit.ly/2eo52oA 1 year ago
- The #1 way to protect your data is through detection. Preventative maintenance fixes small issues before they… fb.me/5omrF2vUn 1 year ago
- This unit came in last night after midnight. The hard drive looked pretty chewed up so we… instagram.com/p/BMO25BTjHep/ 1 year ago
- Drones vs. Robots. Which one would you want delivering your packages? fb.me/470Hc5Oa8 1 year ago