Employee burnout is something that most of us have seen in others or experienced ourselves. Repetitive tasks and overwhelming workloads can quickly get the best of us. Luckily, there are plenty of simple ways to both combat and avoid employee burnout before anybody reaches his or her breaking point.
- Have fun – Making room for fun can relieve some stress and help to keep employees motivated when they are on the brink of burnout.
- Switch it up – Let employees work on new projects or teams when they’ve been focusing on one thing for a long time, like Facebook is doing with Hackamonth.
- Encourage breaks – It’s wonderful to have employees that don’t want to quit working until they get things accomplished. Sadly, those are the people that are bound to burn out quickest. If you have employees like this, persuade them to take walks or go on a coffee run – anything to keep them from going stir crazy.
When burnout simply can’t be prevented, these tips can help minimize its ripple effects.
How to cope with burnout
- Accept it – Burnout isn’t always avoidable so it’s essential to be aware of the signs such as lethargy, decreased socializing or irritability.
- Communicate – Growing businesses often go through transformations that leave employees frustrated. Making sure your employees know that they can talk to you is an excellent way to stop burnout before it gets out of hand.
While you might not always be able to prevent employee burnout, these ideas can help ensure that it doesn’t overwhelm anyone or negatively affect your business or employees.
If you’d like more ideas on fighting employee burnout, take a look at this article.
Search the site
- ~ Office Manager at Lipscomb Eisenberg & Baker, PL
"Armando is a detailed oriented individual in every aspect of his job. His professionalism and promptness in his responses bring a peace of mind to the office environment. Receiving such an efficient support during computer or network down times is a great asset and makes the office run much more smoothly. I would highly recommended his services to a corporation in need of a responsible and always available IT person. Thank you Armando I appreciate everything what you have done for Lipscomb Eisenberg & Baker, PL. - Megan"
- Read more testimonials »
- Tiny robots are diving deeper to learn more about history’s most notable shipwrecks. fb.me/3S1eBgFo1 1 year ago
- A.I. learns to rule in human rights cases with 79% accuracy. bit.ly/2eo52oA 1 year ago
- The #1 way to protect your data is through detection. Preventative maintenance fixes small issues before they… fb.me/5omrF2vUn 1 year ago
- This unit came in last night after midnight. The hard drive looked pretty chewed up so we… instagram.com/p/BMO25BTjHep/ 1 year ago
- Drones vs. Robots. Which one would you want delivering your packages? fb.me/470Hc5Oa8 1 year ago